Keys to internet marketing for small business.
Whether your business is looking to develop a new or existing online marketing strategy, (also referred to as internet marketing), be prepared to invest a little time researching and understanding what exactly internet marketing and digital marketing are, and how the right online marketing plan, could help grow your business. The hard part will be deciphering, which online marketing strategies are best suited for your business?
For those researching marketing ideas online, the information available is vast, although not always reliable. As a result, finding the best online marketing strategy for your business, might be challenging, but not impossible. Understanding how search engines work, might make your search a little easier. Popular search engines such as, Google, use algorithms, to automatically determine how and where web pages are displayed in organic search results. Google’s patented “PageRank” algorithm, for example, has procedures in place which, if followed properly, can help a web page rank higher in organic search results. Similar to a popularity contest, search engines try to promote the most popular, well constructed web pages.
While several factors contribute to a successful internet marketing campaign, attempting to learn and apply them all, isn’t as simple. Patience will help, but having an effective marketing strategy and website programmer are essential. Attending marketing seminars, local networking events, as well as reading industry blogs are also recommended, as business owners have the opportunity to learn from similar industry professionals. The “Keys to Internet marketing for small business” should provide some guidance and ideas for online marketing, however it’s still advised to consult with one or more internet marketing firms or consultants, to see which offer the best fit for your marketing needs and budget.
Keys to internet marketing for small business
- SEO, (Search Engine Optimization)– Refers to processes which affect the visibility of a web page or website within a search engine’s “organic” search results, while conducting a keyword or phrase search. SEO is an important online marketing tool because it allows web pages to be viewed in organic search results, based on search engine algorithms, rather than having to pay search engines to have a website or web pages displayed. Understanding what processes affect a search engines algorithm and how to implement them is important, as it can directly affect a website’s positioning in search results. Some algorithm processes, such as database indexing, providing relevant content, obtaining back-links and inbound links, could be completed without being an expert, while other SEO processes require more advanced programming, or specifically designed content to meet an algorithm’s requirements. SEO marketing can be a very lengthy process, without immediate results, so while patience can help, hiring a professional is recommended.
- SEM, (Search Engine Marketing)- Search Engine Marketing is described as a form of internet marketing used to promote a websites visibility on search engine results pages (SERPs), through a combination of advertising and search engine optimization (SEO). SEM refers to all types of marketing on search engines, along with the ability to advertise on SERPs. Advertising on SERPs, is also referred to as Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, as the user is only charged on a per click basis. Google, for example, utilizes a PPC program called AdWords, which determines the cost-per-click price (CPC), based on several factors, including website quality score, keyword relevance, and click-thru-rate (CTR). Advertising mediums, such as Pay-Per-Click, or Google’s AdWords, are important, as they provide web data and marketing analytics, which can be used to track, measure and optimize usage and effectiveness.
- SMM, (Social Media Marketing)- is the process of attracting attention and website traffic through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and several others. The main benefit of SMM is word of mouth business, or over the internet known as, electronic word of mouth, which can spread very quickly. SMM provides a platform to stay connected and build relationships with clients, customers, friends and family. Social media for business is a growing trend that doesn’t appear to be going away anytime soon, and if utilized optimally, could be very beneficial.
- MOBILE– is everywhere, and that’s where you need to be. Having a mobile site or mobile app provides business’s a way to keep connected with customers on the go. Mobile sites and Mobile Apps are designed to provide a user friendly web page which displays and functions well on smaller screens such as smartphones and tablets.
- VIDEO- having an online video is a great way to connect visually and audibly with customers, as it provides business’s a way to deliver a captivating messages to their audience. Video’s can be displayed on both destkop and mobile sites and can be hosted on popular sites such as YouTube.